#263 – Business Development
Direct Report To: Executive Vice President, Sales
Key Results areas:
The person who will be in Business Development is part of the team responsible for new business development
Nature and scope of activities:
Provide direction to internal resources/associates; ensuring seamless program implementation within company guidelines and policies. Director, Business Development is responsible for identifying specific target accounts, creating strategic solutions to capture their business and is ultimately responsible for all activities associated with executing programs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- New Business Development within specific vertical market targets
- Managing profitable business with existing client accounts
- Daily interaction with assigned Account Director to help grow “share of customer” within existing account base
- Key liaison between client and internal client resources
- Possesses understanding of integrated marketing communications to provide strategic client solutions
- Acts as decision maker and a key contact regarding day-to-day projects
- Establish annual business goals related to achieving the company‘s revenue and profit objectives
- Provides leadership in managing projects within client and for the client
- Provides strong communications link with upper management and associates
Position will interact with every department within the company; specifically with his/her assigned Account Director. Strong communication and leadership skills are essential. .
Education: Undergraduate degree required
Technology: Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software
Previous Experience: Minimum 5-7 years of sales experience in retail marketing; specific concentration within POP/Merchandising business development. Consistent year-over-year sales generation of at least $2.5M.
Other: Individual must be a self-starter, with a specific skill-set in new business development. He/she must exhibit solid presentation, strategic planning, communication, consultative and personnel management skills. Needs to have a strong understanding of the POP industry, consumer behavior/trends and strategic marketing problem-solving.