#256 – Senior Design Engineer
Our Client creates retail displays, retail environments, and strategic marketing programs for clients by understanding the business landscape, market conditions, the competitive landscape, and what appeals to consumers. They provide turnkey point-of-purchase merchandising programs for their strong customer base of Fortune 500 clients. They accomplish this through research, outstanding design vision, and precise program execution. Our retail designs incorporate every facet of creating and implementing an effective retail environment solution. They handle every step of the process, including site planning, facility planning, design and engineering, production, and installation services. Located in the mid-west, the company has a 160,000-square-foot design, engineering, assembly, fulfillment, and distribution center.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS.
The employee in this classification is primarily responsible for creating the detailed design and development of custom point-of-purchase displays and related merchandising solutions through the engineering department
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- 1. Familiarity with common manufacturing processes including injection molding, extrusion, metal stamping, die cutting, fabrication / machining, vacuum forming, and assembly.
- 2. Mechanical drafting skills and system knowledge using Pro-E, or Solid Works to produce design layouts, assembly, and detailed piece part drawings. Part drawings to include full and proper dimensioning.
- 3. Knowledge of material properties and material selection techniques, including strength of materials analysis, process limitations, and relative costs analysis.
- 4. Strong creativity and cognizant skills needed for proper interpretation of initial rough renderings or models and the subsequent development of product which meets budget, aesthetic, and functional requirements.
- 5. Strong verbal and written communication skills required to effectively interact with engineers, creative staff, account executives, tooling shops, clients, project managers and the like.
- 6. Strong organizational skills to assure proper utilization of available resources and to assure optimal development and motivation of associates.
- 7. Minimum of 5 years of progressive engineering experience relative to the above skill set.
- 8. Realistic advancement opportunity.
- 9. Excellent compensation and benefits.