#253 – Senior Industrial Designer
Division: Retail Display + Fixtures (P.O.P.) location Chicago
General Summary: Design point of purchase displays within budget; plan and illustrate concept by studying materials and designing rough layout of display (arrangement, size, type size and style); review and analyze submitted projects in accordance with client requirements). Maintain materials records; follow projects through production to determine changes. Review designs after displays are shipped to determine effectiveness and define problems.
Reports to: Vice President of Creative Services
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- 1. Provide renderings and design options to Account Managers and Account Executives to send to clients for review and approval.
- 2. Discuss and design initial creative design concepts for a display that needs updating.
- 3. Meet with vendors to determine new trends, ideas with resources for quality and cost effective solutions.
- 4. Research new materials, products, techniques and technologies to enrich designs and creative process.
- 5. Meet with vendors to determine new trends, ideas, with resources for quality and cost effective solutions.
- 6. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- 1. Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, Architecture, Interior Design or similar field with a minimum of five to seven years design experience.
- 2. Microsoft Office (Word) is required. PC/MAC experience is required.
- 3. 3D Max, Form-Z, Google Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator experience is required.
- 4. An understanding and superior aesthetic ability for design and structure to meet the needs of the client.
- 5. Must be a self-starter and able to seek highly creative solutions.
- 6. Strong sketching, computer rendering, conceptualization, ideation, model making and presentation capabilities.
- 7. Excellent knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes.
- 8. Fluent 3D/2D communication skills.
- 9. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 10. Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented.
- 11. Able to handle multiple tasks and have a willingness to learn and take initiative.
- 12. Must be team-oriented and able to work in a collaborative working environment.